Ableton 10 Step Sequencer help

Hey every one! I am pretty new to mapping and creating mappings for my controllers, I purchased my first Yaeltex controller to help control everything within my future ambient sets. With that being said I have one question, that I cant seem to figure out.

How would I go about creating a step sequencer in Ableton Live 10 to be controlled by my Yaeltex controller?

Right now my controller has 32 digital pads. The first 8 pads are my Banks, of those, 5 of 8 are controlling different functions of my live set in Ableton right now. Out of the 3 that are left I want to use two banks (Bank 3 and Bank 4) as a sequencer for drums and percussive hits.

Ideally digital pads 9-16 on both banks would be used to select a one shot within the drum rack. then digital pads 17-32, would be used as the sequencer section for the one shot selected.

I am curious if this is at all possible with my controller? If i have to buy an additional controller to do this i would probably get the Push 2 but I also don’t want to invest into another controller if i don’t need to. I saw something about Remotify and Bome and they both seem like very intuitive programs but I don’t know if making something like this is possible in either since it seems that they are both used for creating remote scripts.

Much love and thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello @shvpeshift, and welcome to the forum!
Sorry about the delay, we took some time to recharge batteries ;)-

I am curious if this is at all possible with my controller? If i have to buy an additional controller to do this i would probably get the Push 2 but I also don’t want to invest into another controller if i don’t need to. I saw something about Remotify and Bome and they both seem like very intuitive programs but I don’t know if making something like this is possible in either since it seems that they are both used for creating remote scripts.

Sure is totally possible but not “out the box”. To my knowledge Remotify and Bome will not let you program a sequencer…but I might be missing something. Remotify is for remote scripts and Bome is like a swizz army knife for midi messages.

How would I go about creating a step sequencer in Ableton Live 10 to be controlled by my Yaeltex controller?

As it usually happens with Ableton, m4l is the answer,
If you haven’t used max for live before, the learning curve can be a bit steep. The good news is that there are a ton of beginners tutorials and info on the web.

You can also repurpose some of the sequencers built by other users, and add the midi implementation for your controller.

And there are pros that do this type of custom work for a fee. I could put you in the contact with him if you want.