[FEATURE REQUESTS] Universal Remote Script for Ableton Live

Thanks for trying out the Universal Remote Script for Ableton Live. This tool has been developed given the frequent necessity of our community to have the features they are used to in their regular controllers when using their custom ones. This is the first version of the tool. If you tried it and you find that there is a feature you miss, or you have improvements ideas, comment on this topic.

We can’t promise quick further development of this tool but we want to have a clear view of what’s needed when there is a chance to upgrade it.

Please Note:

• Read the comments to check if your idea has been previously suggested by another community member.
  • For bug reports, please post on this topic.
  • For help and troubleshooting, check/post its category.

Hello Team,

I was trying your Universal Remote Script for Ableton Live on Windows and it seems to work very well, great job.

Is it possible to control all Parameters from each Device (using 8 knobs), navigating through different Banks?
If yes, how could I configurate the Script so that I can set buttons to different Banks?

Thank you!
Dfasf

2 Likes

Hello @daniel.fasf, welcome to the forum! and sorry for the late response.

I was trying your Universal Remote Script for Ableton Live on Windows and it seems to work very well, great job.

Cool, thanks!

Is it possible to control all Parameters from each Device (using 8 knobs), navigating through different Banks?
If yes, how could I configurate the Script so that I can set buttons to different Banks?

Nop, sadly it’s not possible on the current version. I’ll add it to the “nice to have” list.

If it is essential for your work I’ll suggest taking a look at Remotify, it’s commercial software so it comes at a cost but it’s possible to archive what you are looking for.

i’m trying to map 12 audio tracks within groups. 3 groups are inside a supergroup.

it seems like if i use the yaeltex universal remote script the volume fader for track 1 is only going to control the “supergroup” called “SAMPLES” and not “1 kicks.”

is this correct?

Yo Skott!

it seems like if i use the yaeltex universal remote script the volume fader for track 1 is only going to control the “supergroup” called “SAMPLES” and not “1 kicks.”

is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.
The script will simply count tracks from left to right, no matter if they are groups or subgroups.

You could: