How are folks using their Yaeltex with Traktor?

Hi all!
I’m building out a custom unit to try to replace and streamline my current setup. I usually DJ with a Traktor Kontrol Z1 + X1, but I’d like to combine all of those functions into one unit. I got halfway through building and realized…OH…the Yaeltex doesn’t have a sound card! :slight_smile:

What have others been using for this purpose? Just an audio interface?
Also curious if there are any plans to add sound cards to future Yaeltex units?

Thanks!
D

Hey @debudodley!
Welcome to the forum!

I’m building out a custom unit to try to replace and streamline my current setup. I usually DJ with a Traktor Kontrol Z1 + X1, but I’d like to combine all of those functions into one unit. I got halfway through building and realized…OH…the Yaeltex doesn’t have a sound card! :slight_smile:

Yep, correct ):

What have others been using for this purpose? Just an audio interface?

Yes, for DJing a small sound card will do fine. There is plenty on the market to choose from.
I am quite fond of the small MOTU M2, but there are other good ones too.

Also curious if there are any plans to add sound cards to future Yaeltex units?

We definitely would like to, it’s on the horizon of possibilities but not in the near future.

Some Traktor / Serato users looking for a compact solution also recommend the AUDIO 2 by NI. I would go that way for a really small solution with monitor and main out, but it might be good to test or see reviews of the audio quality first.

Thanks, Mateo! Appreciate the reply.

Thanks for the reply, Ale. I’ll look into integrating a sound card into this setup and I think it will work.

One other quick question: Is it possible to map the Yaeltex potentiometers to be centrally positioned at “zero”… to use them for something like gain, hi’s, mid’s, and low’s on a mixer and pan them left and right? I assume this would happen in Traktor mapping? Thanks! :slight_smile:

This is automatic in most cases. The middle position in the potentiometer is CC value 63, and software like Traktor takes that as 0 (center position). We also added a “dead zone” feature that you can optionally activate in a potentiometer, and it makes the center position “wider” in angle, so you can be more relaxed not having to center the potentiometer exactly at the center.

Thanks, Mateo. Sounds great. With that info I should be ordering soon…once I have it customized exactly how I like! :slight_smile: Gracias.

1 Like