Modularity and repairability

Hello,

I have several questions.

I have bought over the years, several Midi controllers that break down sooner or later. Either it is impossible to find spare parts. Either the product is at the end of its life, and it is impossible to get a new one.

I would like to change for a solid material, which would work for several years, and which I could repair when they have a problem.
Your product is modular, do you sell replacement modules if I need to replace one?

Can I change the modules to other kinds if I need them?

Do you take special requests? Let me explain.
I would like to take 4 controllers. And arrange them as follows:

The USB cables come out on top of the logo, in order to be able to put the controllers together I have to put the bottom two upside down.
But the potentiometer and encoder of these two controllers have to be mounted in the right way as shown in the picture.

I know it will be weird on Kilowatt, but that’s my problem.

Hello @Nxkmn,
Welcome to the forum!

I have bought over the years, several Midi controllers that break down sooner or later. Either it is impossible to find spare parts. Either the product is at the end of its life, and it is impossible to get a new one.

I would like to change for a solid material, which would work for several years, and which I could repair when they have a problem.
Your product is modular, do you sell replacement modules if I need to replace one?

We use quality materials, but even those wear out with use and time.
But we have designed the controllers to be openable and fixable by their users, not only to resist obsolescence but also as a statement: you don’t really own it if can’t open it and fix it.
So yes, we sell spare parts and assist you in the repair process if you need it.

Can I change the modules to other kinds if I need them?

Yes, it’s possible. Keep in mind that for the iteration you will probably need to produce a new front panel. Of course, you can reuse the modules that don’t change from model to model and just purchase the ones you need to flip.

Do you take special requests? Let me explain.
I would like to take 4 controllers. And arrange them as follows:

We do take special requests, we analyze the viability and cost per case. Let’s further discuss it by mail if you agree. Drop me a line at alejo (@) yaeltex .com