Question mapping banks in Kilowhat and CSS

First of all, I want to thank the YTX team for the tremendous work they have been doing, I have been following you for a long time and when I met you i was a little nervous and i couldn’t say this, thanks for making lovely-quality hardware and strengthening our Argentine Industry! :green_heart:

Ok, sorry about that, now my question:
I have a Yaeltex with 24 encoders, 16 digital buttons and 8 faders called ANDINOV_ I am in the first tests of the remote script that I am creating with Kilowhat and CSS.
I’m having good results on my first humble bank, with 3 sends per track on the encoders, track volume on the first eight tracks, and some digital buttons for play and stop.

However when I want to do a bank change I can’t get the script to work correctly.

Steps to reproduce the scenario:
-In kilowhat I chose 2 digital buttons, in the first one to act as bank shifter of bank A, and the second one to go to bank B
-In CSS, I started my script with my A Mode, adding a Mode and Mode selector. Same way for Mode B, with a bank selector pointing in each case with the Kilowhat shifters but I can’t get my remote script to change from banks:
Bank A -> (shifter B) -> Bank B || Bank B -> (shifter A) -> Bank A, do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Andi.

2 Likes

Hi @andinov!
Welcome to the forum and many thanks for your kind words!

It is usually more manageable to choose one strategy for setting up banks, either on your controller (using Kilowhat) or on the script (CCS in your case).
For the latter, just set your buttons to Notes in Kilowhat and set them up as a bank in CCS.

The benefit of programming banks on the script is having the controller operating more lightly.

Please, let me know if I understood the problem right.

1 Like

Ale! Thanks for the quick reply. I think I understood you.

• In Kilowhat I changed the bank shifters to midi notes. :white_check_mark:

• From Ableton/CSS I see the change between Modes :white_check_mark:

• From Bank 2, I was able to make a play button using the same CC and CH. :white_check_mark:

My question now:
Is it okay to map buttons with identical cc and channel in the 2nd bank?
(I thought that when I changed banks, I had to use a different channel)

Cool!

Is it okay to map buttons with identical cc and channel in the 2nd bank?
(I thought that when I changed banks, I had to use a different channel)

It ok if you want your buttons (or anything else) to perform the same action across banks. If that is not the case, use a new midi message.

1 Like