Universal Script - devices on sends & master

Hi all, been working with the universal script to program my controller with Ableton. Is there a way to control devices placed on sends and the master channel? In the midi chart it’s just showing devices on tracks. The idea is to have knobs control macros of effects devices that effect the whole or partial mix.

Thx,

Edit: I used the spare midi channel 12 to map these controls with-in Live, I’m assuming this is right way to go about it?

1 Like

I also noticed that the transport controls don’t all seem to respond to their value to color in the script.

Play works
Stop seems to always mirror the color of play
Record, loop, tap tempo, all seem to only respond to the Default button class rather than whats listed in the Transport class

• I would include click in this but I don’t think that actually has a separate MonoColor designation like the others.

Hi @andrewtarpinian,
Let me explain i bit what is possible and we take it from there:

There are 3 ways to control devices with the script, you can:

1- Control a specific device on a specific track
This is the one you are using and indeed you can’t target a send or the master track.

2- Control a specific device on the selected track
This works together with the clip launcher, if the box sits on top of sends, you can control the devices inside. Does not work for the master.

3- Control the selected device on the selected track (blue hand)
This will work on tracks, sends, and the master.

Look for this bit to navigate between devices and other device goodies.

To select the master track is this bit

You could also mix some functionality of the script with a manual midi mapping.

Edit: I used the spare midi channel 12 to map these controls with-in Live, I’m assuming this is right way to go about it?

Yes, that’s right. Channels 12, 13, and 14 are not in use within the script.

I also noticed that the transport controls don’t all seem to respond to their value to color in the script.

Play works
Stop seems to always mirror the color of play
Record, loop, tap tempo, all seem to only respond to the Default button class rather than whats listed in the Transport class

• I would include click in this but I don’t think that actually has a separate MonoColor designation like the others.

Yep, we are aware of that one. We will fix it in the next update.

2 Likes

Thanks Ale, the additional manual midi mapping works well. And understood on the transport controls, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going crazy… All in all the combo of the control script and Kilowatt work well so thanks for providing it!

2 Likes