Bricked controller? After 3 status led blinks, it turns off

Hi!!
Recently i updated to the 0.20 firmware but the update failed: the controller keeped doing the init loop (this flashy led rings rutine) again and again, did not respond to anything (even plugin/unpluggin it the loop restart again) so i used the midi cable trick to initiate bootloader mode and installed 0.16 firmware with he old uploader, Everything was fine again, but i really wanted the new features, so i tryed one more time.
In this ocasion i used the uploader option “erase eeprom” and repeated the process. this time, the updating process ended and the status led blinked 3 times and the unit turned off. Now every time i connect to the usb port, it does the same thing again, blinks and turns off.

What can I do now? I hope i dini’t break the unit, it’s quite expensive and I use it a lot.
Thanks!!

Hello @james.nutrainers!

Welcome back to the forum :slight_smile:

No worries, we can put it back together :wink:

Yep, deleting the EEPROM will erase the configuration of the controller, so now your controller doesn’t know its name and its components.

The process of updating to v0.20 is a bit more complicated than the other updates, and the update log in this forum describes a few steps that are necessary to upgrade also the configuration after upgrading the firmware (step 3).

If you skip this step, the controller has a new firmware with an old configuration and it can’t start.

We’ll contact you privately to make a quick call and sort it out.

Cheers!